Resources for Clients and Families
How do I make my first appointment?
Please call 847-441-5600
Monday-Thursday, 9 am - 8 pm
Friday, 11 am - 4 pm
At other times, please leave a message and we will call back the following business day.
What happens at my first appointment?
You will talk with a clinician to help decide the best plan of action. We will also go over insurance and payment options.
Do you have a waiting list for first appointments?
No. If you are in crisis, we can help you. Typically, you can make an appointment on the day you call.
Do you treat children?
Do you treat seniors?
What happens at the Living Room?
You will be welcomed by a peer counselor who is trained to help other adults experiencing a mental health crisis. The place is calm and comfortable.
What is art therapy?
Art therapy offers a safe and supportive way to explore thoughts, emotions, and beliefs with creativity. It promotes healing through art and reflection.
Do you have support groups?
Yes, on different topics. Call 847-441-5600 for more information.
How much does treatment cost?
We use a sliding-scale for our fees, based on the client’s income. We provide care under Medicaid and Medicare. We also take several kinds of insurance.
The Living Room
10 am – 3 pm Monday - Friday
9 am – 2 pm Saturdays
- NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- NAMI CCNS, Cook County North Suburban, is a grassroots organization serving our local community and an affiliate of the NAMI National organization.
- Illinois Behavioral Health Association, advocates at the state and national level to help develop and implement public policy.
- National Council for Behavioral Health is the nation's voice of mental health and addiction providers who care for 10 million adults and children.
- DBSA, the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance, offers information on depression and bipolar disorder as well as listings to patient support groups across the USA. Find or create a chapter near you.
- Mental Health America Illinois, promotes mental health and works to improve care and treatment. It is an affiliate of the national nonprofit, Mental Health America.