The Top Ten Reasons Why We Value Your Partnership
It's thanks to you that we have achieved so much in such a short time. In the past year, The Josselyn Center:
- Increased our service hours to our clients by 42%. Thank you to our many referral partners for trusting in Josselyn.
- Hired more staff to treat these new clients. We welcomed seven new clinicians, added a Director of Quality and Mission Fulfillment, and additional support and development staff to provide compassionate care to our growing list of clients.
- Added more space by purchasing and renovating the property directly behind The Josselyn Center from Youth Services of Glenview/Northbrook. This will allow us to treat an additional 300-400 clients annually. Administrative and development staff have already moved next door, allowing for eight additional clinical offices at The Josselyn Center. Please stop by 1779 Maple, Northfield for a tour (but please come to the back door while the therapeutic garden is under construction!).
- We received two generous pledges to launch a new Immediate Care program which will allow for walk-in access for same day assessments, dedicated psychiatric services for urgent needs and an additional intake clinician for more rapid access to treatment. Research shows that faster access to treatment improves outcomes.
- In partnership with Impact Behavioral Health in Evanston, we have been providing an evidence-based model of supported employment to our clients for two years. An amazing donor has provided additional funding to allow us to hire a full time clinician to address our wait list for this very popular service for our clients. Work is therapeutic and aids in recovery!
- We expanded our partnership with Maine Township to provide child psychiatric and case management services in Park Ridge.
- We piloted a program with Fenix Family Health Center in Highwood to provide a bilingual clinician for their patients.
- When a NorthShore University System Emergency Room patient with a mental health crisis is released, instead of having to follow up with an outpatient appointment, we have partnered to better coordinate care. We are piloting a program whereby The Josselyn Center will follow up with these patients (with their consent).
- Watch for the installation of our new therapeutic garden for horticulture therapy this summer, and partnered with The Chicago Botanic Gardens, Midwest Arbor, Garden Consultants and the VIllage of Northfield to make this dream a reality.
- We are grateful to all our donors who believe in Josselyn's mission, and we have raised nearly $2 million dollars for our Building for Mental Health Campaign to provide an elevator, updated restrooms, refreshed clinical space and the expanded programming highlighted above.
On behalf of the board, staff, and especially the clients of The Josselyn Center, thank you for your partnership, and for allowing us to be At The Center of Mental Health and Hope.