The External Affairs Assistant works with the Director of External Affairs, President and External Affairs staff to provide day-to-day organization, and administration of fundraising, marketing and administrative activities. The successful candidate will work with our donor base including individuals, corporations, and charitable foundations, to insure all information and correspondences are timely, accurate and professional. This person will also provide assistance to all fundraising events.
- Manage Salesforce. Oversee integrity of prospect and donor database. Track all commitments and correspondences.
- Generate and track development reports
- Track monthly revenue and reconcile pledges and gifts received
- Manage donor communications including written correspondences and reports
- Assist in the development and implementation of flyers, brochures, Direct mail appeals, invitations and the annual Impact Statement
- Manage all development mailings
- Assist in the development of donor and prospect proposals and pitch decks as requested
- Provide support in the update and management of the website and social media efforts including Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Edit marketing materials
- Assist in the successful execution of all fundraising events by providing administrative support such as: compiling and tracking guest lists and mailings, producing name tags and ordering event materials
- Attend and work all events
- Assist with grant proposal submission, reporting and tracking
- Edit grant proposals when requested
Board / Office Administration:
- Work with the President and provide set up and support for board, committee and other meetings. Maintain board documentation.
- Compile all Board and committee materials
- Manage ordering of office supplies and event materials
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in work experience
- 5 plus years of administrative experience in the field of development/fundraising, preferably with a not for profit organization
- Technical skills including: Microsoft Suite, Excel, Salesforce, (or other CRM knowledge). Experience with WordPress, Adobe Acrobat, and marketing software including Constant Contact and Pardot, and web hosting programs like Joomla.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, organizational and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to work effectively under deadlines, handle multiple projects and tasks with minimal supervision and within a team concept
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences and demonstrated skills in listening, engaging and building rapport with people
- Appreciation for details and follow through; must be action-oriented
- Ability to manage website and other social media tools